Mental and PHYSICAL Health Assessment Services
ASSESSMENTS OF PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CAPACITY
You can have 100 people with the same diagnosis – 50 of them can still work while the other 50 cannot. The reasons for this are two-fold:
1. Not everyone has the same job demands.
2. Not everyone with the same diagnosis presents with the same severity of the condition or extent of limitation.
Take for example, someone who becomes paralysed from the waist down in a car accident. If the person is a Bank Manager they can continue to work but if they are a Diesel Mechanic, they can’t. Or a person who develops social anxiety disorder – if they work as Diesel Mechanic they can continue but if their job is a Sales Rep, they probably can’t.
Functional Capacity and Medico-legal Assessments
I do Functional Capacity and Medico-legal Assessments of people who have sustained physical injury or who suffer from mental or physical illness. My referral sources are mostly Employers, Attorneys and Disability Claims Assessors who need to ultimately determine whether or not a person is capable of performing their job with or without further treatment / rehabilitation or the implementation of special job accommodations.
As an “add-on” to my assessment service, I provide Case Management, which aims to promote the best chance of return to work for an employee following a prolonged period of absence due injury or illness, or to manage an employee who remains at work despite injury or illness.
People that I have assessed over the years have presented with a diversity and severity of medical conditions ranging from simple bone fractures to quadriplegia on the physical side, and from mild anxiety to severe depression and psychosis on the mental side. My primary focus remains the same regardless of the condition: Can this person perform their job?
What you will get from my comprehensive Assessment Report:
1. A clear understanding of the person’s medical condition with the inclusion of collateral information from attending doctors (with POPI compliance).
2. A clear understanding of how the person’s medical condition affects their ability to perform their job.
3. Recommendations for special job accommodations where applicable, including management strategies in the workplace.
4. Clarity as to whether or not performance issues are having an impact more than actual functional incapacity. Unfortunately, some people use their medical conditions, physical and mental, as an excuse for poor performance when in fact there are other issues at play.
WHY LESLEY BURNS?
I have undergone expert training both in SA and abroad
I have 23 years of experience in disability management and mental health in the workplace
I offer my assessment and workshop services throughout South Africa
I am a known expert in my industry field nation wide
I am an excellent workshop facilitator
JOIN MY EMAIL NEWSLETTER FOR OCCASIONAL WORKPLACE TIPS AND UPDATES
HEALTH * WELLNESS * INCLUSIVITY
READY TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP?
Increased confidence. Measurable results. Immediate impact. That’s my mission — and what I pride myself on delivering to each and every client.
Mondays to Fridays
08h00 to 17h00
Saturdays and Sundays: Closed
Based in Gauteng. Although I serve clients throughout South Africa and globally online.